- “You” means an individual or company who accesses the YCW website
YCW is bound by the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act) as amended, including the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs). The APPs are designed to protect the confidentiality of information and the privacy of individuals by regulating the way personal and sensitive information is collected, used, disclosed and managed. Personal and sensitive information is, generally speaking, information or an opinion relating to an identified, or reasonably identifiable, individual, whether the information is true or not and whether the information is recorded in a material form or not.
3. Your Consent
4. Why we collect personal information
We collect personal and sensitive information for various purposes connected with our activities and operations, including to develop, provide and improve our digital products and services, for verification of our visitors and customers, to understand and meet the needs and requests of individuals we engage with and to meet our legal obligations.
5. The information we collect
The type of personal information we collect may include
- Contact information such as:
- name, email address, postal address, company information;
- User preferences and profile information:
- form submissions, comments, feedback and user data (see Analytics and Cookies)
- Personal health information
6. How we collect information
We collect personal information in a number of ways, including:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us via the website or email or when you:
- Contact us via the contact us page
- Participate in a survey
- Use our website or otherwise engage with YCW
- By gathering publicly available information available from:
- Other websites on the internet
- Social media channels (including company pages or posts from users of private social media groups that YCW team members are members of)
Personal and sensitive information may be collected by way of emails, phone conversations (which may be recorded for quality control purposes in accordance with applicable laws), forms filled out by individuals (including via online forms), feedback, enquires, support requests, surveys, competitions, online user-generated content, market research, video conferencing, face-to-face meetings, social media posts and comments and interviews.
We may supplement the information we receive from you with information from third party sources such as our partners, social media channels and other websites. You may in some circumstances have the option of not identifying yourself or using a pseudonym when you deal with us. However, if you choose not to provide the information we need to fulfill your request for a specific service we may not be able to provide you with the requested service or we may not be able to allow you to participate in activities or to use our services.
7. Analytics and cookies
You can find out more information on how Google uses data when you use YCW’s site or digital products at www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/.
8. How YCW might use and disclose your personal information
Generally, YCW will endeavour to not disclose or share your private and personal information unless legally obligated to.
9. Disclosure of personal information to other parties
YCW may disclose your personal information to third parties if legally obligated to.
We do not sell or license your personal information to third parties.
10. Sending information overseas
All personal and sensitive information held by YCW is held in servers located around the world. There may be times when personal and sensitive information is sent overseas. YCW complies with the APPs when sending personal and sensitive information overseas.
11. Security and management of personal information
YCW takes reasonable steps to protect the personal and sensitive information we hold from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. The ways we do this include:
- Limited access to the information we collect about you.
- requiring any third-party providers to have acceptable security measures to keep personal information secure; and
- putting in place electronic, and procedural safeguards.
- If we no longer require your personal information and are not legally required to retain it, YCW will take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify the personal information.
12. Contact us
We will endeavour to respond to all complaints and correspondence promptly.